Scanning electron microscope (Zeiss)
Model: EVO MA10
- Magnification from 20X to 50 000X (under optimal conditions)
- Resolution observation ranging from centimetres (cm) to nanometres (nm)
- High-resolution images with three possible detectors (SE, BSD, VPSE)
- Chamber that can accommodate 9 samples on racks
- Possibility to increase resolution through sputter-coating (a 20 nm-thick layer of gold)
- Environmental, such as wood fibre, grass, stone and rock, etc.
- Metal, such as pieces of metal, anodes, powder, etc.
- Biological, such as bacteria, yeasts, biofilms, etc.
- Other samples available on request (membranes, nanoparticles, insects, electronics)
Examples of applications
- Observing the integrity of samples following chemical, physical, or enzymatic treatment
- Assessing the size of particles and powders
- Analyzing the integrity of filtration membranes (liquid or gas)
- Assessing the porosity of gas filtration organic membranes
- Characterization of nanoparticles and nanomaterials
- Observation of microorganisms and biofilm attached to surfaces (coating process)
- Observation of microorganism surfaces (morphological analyses)